Monday, August 31, 2015

The Foundry - Chicken Scratch

The Foundry = Drinks

Chicken Scratch = Food

Food & Drink

They share an Austin-esque outdoor area with tons of seating and a stage for live music. My CrossFit friends and I met for a Happy Hour Friday night. We got there at 6pm so there were plenty of seats. We nabbed a double sized table for the group which was great because it definitely got more crowded as the night progressed.

There was a waitress attending the tables. BFF ordered a cab (I think there was only one option) and I had a Bourbon & soda. I wasn't slayed by the drinks, but they were good enough. I didn't try their listed cocktails.

Fried chicken is definitely the big thing at Chicken Scratch and I do have to say that it looked good. But alas, it is not gluten free, so BFF & both scanned the menu a little further. BFF had the Half Bird which was half a rotisserie chicken and I had the Spicy Tacos. We shared a side of french fries.

I was a little worried about cross contamination for BFF, but it didn't seem to be an issue. We both loved our food!

Non-food Related

BFF & I Ubered from downtown, so I can't comment on parking or valet service. Have I said lately how much I love Uber??

I mentioned the outdoor seating area above. It is a highlight. It didn't feel overly crowded. There is a lot of seating. The waitstaff seemed available, meaning I never felt like we were constantly looking around to find them.

The food came out relatively quickly as did the drinks. They had a cooler of ice water handy so you could fill your own cups and pitchers. As much as I drink (especially when it is hot!), this is something I really appreciated.

Later in the evening, a DJ came out. I didn't stay long enough to get a good opinion. I would really like to go back when there is a band. I think it would be a great location for that.

Food: 4.5 stars
Atmosphere: 5 stars
Service: 4.5 stars
Gluten Free Options: 4.5 stars

Overall a great choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment