Monday, August 24, 2015

Company Cafe

Another one of my favorites! I had been to the old Greenville location a few times, but we were semi-regulars at the Routh location. When it shut down, we were sad. We decided to check out the new(er) Greenville location this weekend.

Food & Drink

I stuck with my bourbon & soda, so I can't comment too much on the cocktails. But I did feel like it was a generous pour, so I give it a thumbs up.

The menu is almost entirely gluten free or can be made that way. It is nice to go to a place with many options and no concern about BFF and cross-contamination issues. Honestly, she doesn't usually worry about it, but from time to time, it bites her. This is a safe place!!

We shared an appetizer of the spinach & artichoke dip. I hadn't had that before and I have to say that it is probably my favorite of the appetizers. There was plenty to share, but not overwhelmingly so. We did have a lot of chips left when we were done. Tasted great!

BFF had the hamburger as she typically does. Since she can get a gluten free bun, she likes to take advantage. She also had the sweet potato fries which are awesome. Overall, for a GF person, it is one of her favorite places for a hamburger and fries.

I had The Deep Bowl which I guess is really more breakfast, but they serve it all day and I prefer it for lunch or dinner. It is a bowl with hamburger (grass-fed, of course), sweet potato hash with bacon, avocado, two eggs (served your way, I ordered over easy) and salsa. This is a dish I could easily have once a week. They have several different bowl options, but this one is put together perfectly for me. I had enough (especially with the appetizer) to take some home for lunch the next day.

As for other good items on the menu, many times I have ordered 1/2 a harvest or cobb salad with chicken and a 1/2 order of loaded sweet potato fries. Those things are no joke. I highly recommend them. I didn't mention the loaded fries as my favorite appetizer, honestly, because I usually get it for a meal! But it is a perfect appetizer for the table.

As far as food is concerned, I don't think you can go wrong.

Non-food Related

The service is a little laid back, but still good and attentive. While it wasn't busy when we arrived, it got that way by the time we left and we never felt unattended. When they didn't have any of my typical bourbon choices, the bartender gave me a taste of one he suggested which was nice.

The atmosphere is also laid back. Hipster vibe. Very chill, I think. Prices seem reasonable especially for the area and for healthy dining.

We made reservations for 7pm, but we got there at 6:30pm and had no trouble being seated. It probably would have been at least a bit of a wait as the night progressed, so plan accordingly.

Like HG Sply Co, it is on Greenville Ave. which is the biggest con for me. It is a cool area, but traffic and parking is a nightmare during peak times. We took an Uber though which was totally worth it. I do love Uber!

The location is right across the street from Trader Joe's which was perfect. We ducked inside TJ after dinner to by treats before heading home.

I do find it interesting that our 2 favorite restaurants in Dallas are about a block from each other.

Food: 5 stars
Atmosphere: 5 stars
Service: 5 stars
Gluten Free Options: 5 stars

Another perfect score, but then again it is a GF paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment